This guide will help you setup the Netgear Nighthawk C7000v2 AC1900 modem router combo for the first time. (That sure is a mouthful to say, isn’t it?)
How To Setup NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Modem Router (C7000)
- Plug the black, round coaxial cable into the router
- Plug in the power and wait for it to boot up
- Connect to the router’s LAN or WiFi
- Visit 192.168.0.1 in your browser
- Set your desired password for the admin interface and select your security questions
- Accept the settings by clicking “next”
If all is well with your internet service provider, you should be able to get online at this point. If you are having issues getting online, you will need to contact your ISP to figure out why your subscription is not active.
How To Connect To NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 C7000
Via physical LAN cable:
- Plug an ethernet cable into a yellow port on the back of the router and the other end into your computer.
- Visit 188.8.131.52 to access the router’s administrative interface.
- The default WiFi network name will be “Netgear##”. It will not have the quotes and ## will be a two digit number.
- The network named “Netgear##-5G” is the 5GHz network. You will not be able to “see” this network if your device does not have a 5GHz WiFi adapter.
- Default WiFi password will be printed on a sticker on the bottom of the router (it will be different for everyone).
- Visit 192.168.0.1 to access the router’s administrative interface.
Default Passwords For Nighthawk C7000v2
For the administrative interface, default username is admin and password is password.
For WiFi, the default password is printed on a sticker on the back/bottom of the router. This will be different for everyone.