Welcome to How To Reset Your Netgear Nighthawk Router To Factory Settings! This will remove any passwords and settings you have changed and turn your router back to just how it was when it came from the factory. This is a great thing to do if you get a router that is used. It also works great if you’re having trouble with a password or settings not working correctly. Changing all the settings back to default make it easier to set your configurations without worrying about unknown settings someone else may have put in there.
How To Reset Netgear Nighthawk Router To Factory Settings
- Plug your router into power. It must be POWERED ON.
- Locate the little PIN HOLE located on the back of your router. It’s usually labeled “Reset”. It’s basically a tiny hole.
- Find a pen, paper clip or safety pin or something small enough to fit inside that hole. There is a BUTTON down inside there.
- Stick that object inside there and you will feel a button. HOLD that button down for at least 10 seconds. If your router has lights on it, you’re basically waiting for your lights to start blinking and acting different. Once your lights start blinking you’re ok to let go of the button. If you don’t have any lights on your router, just hold the button down for at least 10 seconds and then let go. Most Netgear Nighthawk routers have lights.
- Your router will reset and will have all the default settings from the factory.
How To Reset Netgear Nighthawk Router Video!
Did This Help?
If this helped you out, please let me know in the comments! Also feel free to ask any questions you may have. Thank you for helping make this site better by participating!