Here is a simplified tutorial on how to setup Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 devices. The following devices fit into this category:
- R7000 Router
- C7000 Modem/Router Combo
- EX7000 WiFi Extender
These are all Netgear Nighthawk products that are designed under the AC1900 standard for WiFi devices.
How To Setup Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Router
The R7000 router setup process is pretty straight forward.
- Connect the router to your modem using the Ethernet cable provided with the router.
- Plug the router into power.
- Connect your wireless device to the router’s newly provided WiFi network.
This home router makes it pretty easy to get started!
For more specific router setup information, check out our detailed R7000 setup guide.
How To Setup Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Modem/Router Combo
The C7000 Modem/Router Combo is fairly similar to setting up the router-only model.
- Screw the coaxial cable into the back of the modem/router combo. This cable is provided by your internet service provider.
- Plug the modem/router combo into power.
- Connect to your new WiFi network provided.
Again, Netgear made this device pretty simple to setup.
For more specific router/modem setup information, check out our C7000 setup guide.
How To Setup The WiFi Extender
The EX7000 WiFi Extender is extremely easy to setup. Especially if you have the R7000 router, or a router that has a WPS button.
- Plug the WiFi extender into power and wait for it to boot up.
- Press the WPS button on the WiFi extender.
- Press the WPS button on your router.
- Move the WiFi extender to an area of your house with poor connection.
These instructions should work with most routers that have a WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) button.
Need More Help?
Did this guide not quite do it for you? Please leave a comment if you have any questions, suggestions or complaints.