This guide will help you setup the ASUS RT-AC1900P AC1900 wireless router for the first time.
How To Setup ASUS RT-AC1900P
- Plug in a LAN ethernet cable from your modem (there is only one port that will fit) to the blue Internet port on the router.
- Plug in the power and wait for it to boot up (you may have to press the power button to turn it on)
- Connect to the router’s LAN (yellow port) or WiFi
- The router should automatically open your browser with the administrator interface for you. If it doesn’t, visit router.asus.com in your browser
- Leave the admin name as admin (change it if you want)
- Enter your chosen password twice (this is NOT for WiFi. This is your admin password!)
- Click Next
- Does your internet connection require user name and password? Select NO then click Next
- Select Automatic IP (DHCP), click Next
- When it tells you to turn off your Cable/DSL modem, you really shouldn’t need to. Just click Next.
- Click Detect Again
- You may be successful connecting to the internet, or you may not be successful. Click Wireless Setting.
- You can leave the network names as the default ASUS and ASUS_5G, or change them if you like.
- The passwords you create here will be your new WiFi passwords.
- Click Apply. Then click Complete!
If all is well with your internet service provider, you should be able to get online at this point. If you are having issues getting online, you may be able to use MAC cloning (aka MAC spoofing) to get online. If this MAC cloning process does not work, you will need to contact your ISP to have them help you get online.
How To Configure MAC Cloning On RT-AC1900P
- Login to your router’s administrative interface
- On the left side, under Advanced Settings, click WAN
- All the way at the bottom, under Special Requirement from ISP, you’ll see a MAC Address box. DO NOT CLICK THE MAC CLONE BUTTON
- Enter the MAC address from your previous router that was online in the format XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX DO NOT CLICK THE MAC CLONE BUTTON
- Click Apply
How To Connect To ASUS RT-AC1900P
Via physical LAN cable:
- Plug an ethernet cable into a yellow LAN port on the back of the router and the other end into your computer.
- Visit router.asus.com to access the router’s administrative interface.
- The default network names are “ASUS” and “ASUS_5G” without the quotes. You have the option to change them when you set up the router for the first time.
- There is no default WiFi password. You created this when you set the router up for the first time.
Default Passwords For ASUS RT-AC1900P
For the administrative interface, default username is admin and password is created by you when you set the router up.
For WiFi, the default password is created by you when you first set the router up. Connect to the router via physical LAN cable to change it if you forgot the password (or reset the router settings to factory default and start over).